Monday 10 March 2014

Ramblings

Remind me to never again to say 'tomorrow, this!'. I don't think it ever worked out, something in the laws of the universe prevents such a statement from ever being true if it exits my own mouth.

Ubisoft is listening to players in Mighty Quest for Epic Loot. Last week they stated a balancing patch was in the works. Notably, traps needed a slight nerf and monsters needed a buff. Huzzah! A 16 point slow attacking creature didn't do the same damage as a 3 point spring trap sending you into a 1 point fire mine, let a lone a field of fire mines. I look forward to this change.

Pay Day 2 has announced their stealth roadmap. I don't really like the direction they are taking it, but I'm willing to give it a chance. I don't really see why there is a limit to the number of body bags one can carry, when everything else is put in a bag when picked up. I seem to have 60 bags on me to grab the ammunition in the train heist alone. Respawning guards also confuse me, who sends more guards without calling the police? If they realize guards aren't checking in or have gone missing, that's time to call the cops. This doesn't change the shootout game, which is still fun in it's own right, but I worry stealth is going down a dark path.

ESO, it's coming. I liked beta but didn't get far, I've pre-ordered. I honestly don't know what to write on it. I mentioned in an earlier post that I wish the tutorial could be optional... and now it is! Huzzah! I did change from dual wield to sword and board and I'm loving it. I use assassination skills to teleport to the target, puncture it's armor (and somehow add the lost amount to my own), a bit of normal combat followed by an assassination skill that does extra damage when the enemy is low on health.

Space Engineers, it's space Minecraft, with flyable ships. Honestly? That's about it. Alpha Minecraft. In space. The realistic space physics are neat and cause thinking as to where place your gyroscopes and thrusters.

This was my first project, the Sparrow MKI.


My roommates seem to focus on space stations and large ships, so I started building small ones. The Sparrow is a general purpose get around ship.

After I did something for me.. something special... here's a hint.


That's right! I made an Arwing from Starfox!




I've made a few other ships, but I'll save those for another post, which will be at an unspecified future time to avoid jinxing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment